Who We Are
Founded in 1891, the Daughters of The Republic of Texas is the oldest patriotic women’s organization in Texas and one of the oldest in the nation.
Texas, One and Indivisible
- Perpetuate the memory and spirit of those who achieved and maintained the independence of Texas.
- Provide educational programs of the highest caliber in coordination with Texas school districts and the Texas Education Agency, as well as programs for the public.
- Encourage research into early Texas records, preserve historic documents and encourage the publication of historic records.
- Secure and memorialize historic sites.
What We Do
- Maintain the DRT Headquarters office and Republic of Texas Museum in Austin.
- Maintain the Cradle, site of the DRT’s founding in Galveston, and other historic properties overseen by DRT chapters across the state.
- Maintain and oversee the DRT Library Collection in San Antonio.
Questions should be directed to Headquarters
Email: [email protected]