The teacher should prepare an application that includes the information found in Nos. 1-4 below.
The District Representative must receive the Chapter’s winning application no later than March 2nd.
- The cover page should include:
- Teacher’s name and grade taught
- Name of school and city
- Name of principal
- “THE DAUGHTERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS”
- Sponsoring DRT chapter and city
- Chapter contact person and telephone number
- Letters of recommendation, limit of four.
- Applicant’s vita/resume.
- The applicant should submit his/her thoughts about teaching; about Texas history; manner of instruction in the classroom; innovations conceived and executed for 4th or 7th graders; and response of the students. This should be typed on 8-1/2 by 11 inch paper. On computer use 12-14 point type.
- The winning teacher will be invited to attend the DRT Convention. The DRT is not responsible for expense incurred to attend. However, the teacher and a guest will be guest of The DRT at at the Historical Evening dinner.
The awards will be presented by the 5th Vice President General.
P.O. Box 777
Fulton, Texas 78358