The District Representative must receive the winning Chapter essays no later than March 2, 2011.
- Typed essays are to be double spaced on 8-1/2 by 11 inch paper, using “Times New Roman” size 12 font. Top and bottom page margins are to be one inch, with side margins to be 1.25 inches. The body of the 4th grade essay can be no less than 1-1/2 pages and no more than 2 pages. The body of the 7th grade essay can be no less than 2-1/2 pages and no more than 3 pages. Essays must be submitted in English.
- Handwritten essays are to be double spaced on 8-1/2 by 11 inch paper. The body of the 4th grade essay must be between 500 and 525 words. The body of the 7th grade essay must be between 800 and 825 words.
- Research materials should be listed on a separate page, but not counted as part of the essay length.
- The cover pageshould include:
- Name of student and state whether 4th or 7th grade.
- Name of school and city
- Title of the essay
- The Daughters of the Republic of Texas
- Name of sponsoring DRT Chapter and city
- Chapter contact person and telephone number.
- Topics of the essays will be chosen by the committee, and Chapters will be notified no later than thirty days after Convention.
- The winner will be invited to attend the DRT Convention. The DRT is not responsible for expenses incurred by the student to attend the Convention. However, the student and up to two guests will be guests of the DRT at the Historical Evening dinner.