The chapter will host a recruitment meeting for potential members to learn more about joining the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, which is the oldest women’s patriotic organization in Texas. All are encouraged to attend this meeting:
Saturday, February 18, 2017
10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Euless Public Library, 201 N. Ector Dr., Euless, Texas
Attendees will learn detailed information about eligibility requirements, documentation of lineage, and how to work with a chapter registrar to become a member of DRT. For additional information about this workshop, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility for membership in DRT:
- Applicant must be a descendant of a colonist from Austin’s Old Three Hundred.
- Ancestor provided service to the Colonies or to the Republic of Texas as an officer or private.
- Ancestor established loyal residency prior to February 19, 1846.
- Ancestor was a land grant recipient in the Republic of Texas.
- Learn more about membership on the State DRT website.
DRT is open to any woman who is at least 16 years of age who meets eligibility requirements. Once a woman joins a chapter, she participates in an induction ceremony, like new member Linda Nartz (above, center). She became a new chapter member in fall 2016.