DAUGHTERS OF THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS
French Legation Museum at 802 San Marcos Street – Austin, TX
- The French Legation Museum is our primary connection to the Republic
- Completed in 1841 by the Republic of France, it is the oldest frame home in Austin and was constructed of loblolly pine from Bastrop
- Features the only known authentic French family kitchen in the United States
- In August of 1949, the State of Texas gives “the property known as the French Embassy for the use and purposes of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. They may take full charge of the building and use it as they consider proper.”
- March 5, 2016 is the kick-off date of the Legation’s 175th Anniversary Celebration!
- The DRT Republic of Texas History Center will be built next door to the Legation
- Check us out at: www.frenchlegationmuseum.org
- Come to our French Market Day on Saturday, October 3, 2015 from 11am to 5pm.