Founded in 1891, The Daughters of The Republic of Texas is the oldest patriotic women’s organization in Texas and one of the oldest in the nation.
Texas, One and Indivisible
- Perpetuate the memory and spirit of those who achieved and maintained the independence of Texas.
- Provide educational programs of the highest caliber in coordination with Texas school districts and the Texas Education Agency, as well as programs for the public.
- Encourage research into early Texas records, preserve historic documents and encourage the publication of historic records.
- Secure and memorialize historic sites.
What We Do
- Maintain the DRT headquarters office and Republic of Texas Museum in Austin.
- Maintain the Cradle, site of the DRT’s founding in Galveston, and other historic properties overseen by DRT chapters across the state.
- Maintain and oversee the Alamo and DRT Library in San Antonio.
- Maintain the historic French Legation Museum in Austin.